Asset Publisher

17. Do I have to be covered by an insurance policy?

Yes. The doctoral student is responsible for his or her health coverage during the stay at the host university.

You will have to accredit the taking out of a primary insurance policy in your country of origin and an additional insurance policy in the other country, inasmuch as the main insurance policy does not cover all the risks (health, civil and criminal liability) during the period of stay.

The UPV/EHU enables the university community to voluntarily take out "CUM LAUDE" policies.